Awaiting the new 2015 Uppababy Vista to finally come to my door was one of the hardest things I had to do in my ROLLHERSTROLLER career. I was so excited to get the new Vista, and not because the old one needed a lot of improvements- but because it hardly needed any. The new Vista perfected a stroller that was number one on my list as it was.
Let’s start by discussing the key factors that makes the Vista the stroller that has it all, (and then some).
1. XXXL storage basket- no really. The older models were known for their huge underneath storage baskets, and the new 2015 model has an even BIGGER ONE! We took it with us to Disney on vacation, and I was easily able to fit two large diaper bags filled with food, 4 sweatshirts, and the child riding in the Rumbleseat can STILL fit their legs in there. If you need more room, you can face the Rumbleseat outwards.
2. The Rumbleseat on the older models was more like an add-on option for older kids who need to hop on and rest for a while. It could only face inwards, didn’t recline and had a small visor to shade them. I wish the second seat on the Vista had a new name, because it completely REVOLUTIONIZED the Vista. It’s now a true double stroller. The new Rumbleseat can face forward or inward, it can recline for nap time, full sized seat, belly bar and has a FULL Uppababy canopy. After trying out a bunch of positions, I opted to keep my younger child (1 1/2 years old) in the bottom seat and my 4 year old son in the main seat. When we tried putting my son on the bottom he would stick out his long legs, making us stop short every few steps. The bottom seat is meant for kids up to 35 pounds, so the younger one should always get the bottom seat. I also made them sit in opposite directions, so my son wouldn’t kick the back of her seat. I loooved using the Vista as a double on vacation. I loved having the huge basket, and two full sized seats without needing everyone to move out of my way so I could squeeze through crowds.
3. The maneuverability on Uppababy strollers is known to be amazing. The company went above and beyond when it came to the new Vista wheels. The stroller maneuverability was perfect as it was and needed no changes. But when I was pushing a stroller with two kids and a basket filled of EVERYTHING up hills in Disney World I realized that the people over at Uppababy really know what they’re doing. I never once stopped for a break, or handed the stroller over to my husband in defeat. And of course like the generations before her, the 2015 Vista has no puncture foam filled wheels- which means NO FLATS! Phew.
4. I’m not sure if the world realizes the things I do, but with the old Vista and other strollers, the front wheel locks would always click and unclick constantly locking the front swivel wheels. Meaning I would unfold my stroller and the front wheels would automatically be locked always making me fall over my stroller. Now with these new push buttons, no one can accidentally kick and lock the wheels while you’re strolling. And I looooove the footrest. My daughter loves to keep her feet raised, and then when you add on the second seat it folds all the way down to make room for the second seat.
5. Both seats are very roomy. My son fit comfortably in either seat, and my daughter has a lonnnng time to enjoy them. The seat is suitable from 3 months old up until 50 pounds. And the Bassinet can be used from birth. My children are out of the Bassinet, but it is so roomy and comfy- one of the best on the market. It was tested and proved for overnight sleeping since it has AMAZING ventilation. And the canopy with the Bassinet is perfection since your baby will never get sun in her/his little eyes.
6. Which brings me to the ONLY perfect stroller canopy in the stroller world. (I always get very dramatic about the Vista. I just really can’t help it, not even joking). You can have it fully pushed back when you need, slightly covered, a little more covered and FULLY covered and still sneak a peek with the peek-a-boo window (magnetic closure= no waking up a sleeping baby!) The extendable SPF 50 drop shade(that silver canopy that comes out) is great. When reclined you can basically hide your baby from head to toe!
When I took my Vista in doubles mode to Florida, it made our trip easier, which really should be the point of any baby purchase. We travelled by airplane, and so we got the Uppababy Travel Bag. The bag safely fit the stroller and main seat, but not the Rumbleseat. So we actually gate checked the stroller and took the Rumbleseat on the plane with us and stored it above our seats, (yes, it fit!) While in the airport the Travel Bag fit in the basket, along with my diaper bag, and all of our coats. (I like to call it the Miracle Basket).
The new belly bar doesn’t have a foam cover, which means it doesn’t get that dirty look to it anymore. Super easy to clean. And I love how it swivels in every direction for easy in’s and out’s.
With my last Vista review, I got a few comments from you guys saying that the Vista was great but the fold was too hard. I didn’t fully agree because I think once someone took the time to learn how to do it, they realized how easy it was. But Uppababy loves you anyway and so redesigned the fold to fit your requests. The fold is now a one step fold. Just pull up on those too light gray levers on both sides of the stroller and push the stroller down. Same fold as the Uppababy Cruz- super easy!! Now everyone say “THANK YOU UPPABABY!” (p.s- must remove the Rumbleseat in order to fold).
Okay so, I think you guys get the main point of this review. I am in love. But guys, I don’t say this about everything but I’m going to say it now. If the price is in your ballpark, and you think it will fit your family needs- get the Vista. You really, really will NOT regret it. As a reviewer, I review tons and tons of strollers and have dozens in my house. But my go-to stroller when I’m not in the middle of a review is the Uppababy Vista. It does it all. And Uppababy has the most AMAZING customer service. Before I ever started ROLLherSTROLLER I had an Uppababy GLUXE, and I had a problem with the wheels, and they sent out replacements the NEXT day. They’re just so easy that way, and will never send you away with a problem. They stand by their product and will always help you!
To learn more about the Uppababy Vista, visit their website!
Here’s a few more pictures from our trip with the Vista!
*Thank you Uppababy for sending me the Vista, Rumbleseat and Travel Bag for this honest review!*